A week ago, another tragedy hit, another mass shooting killing 19 4th graders and two teachers. There is the war in Ukraine, global warming, and various other issues that seem to be insurmountable. I know I’ve been asking myself what I can do to bring more LOVE, kindness, compassion, and peace forward.
While there seem to be many reasons to focus on fear, now is not the time to lose hope in creating a world you want to live in. I spoke about walking with fear on a recent Embrace Your Life Chat, and I wanted to share it with you here. I hope it helps.
Embrace Your Life Chat: Walking with Fear
Here are some of the tips I shared during the chat:
- Be aware of your feelings, and FEEL them in order to heal them.
- Take deep, slow breaths.
- Focus on the helpers – become a helper if you can, and ask for help if you need it.
- Focus on solutions rather than sitting in the energy of blame, shame, and complaint.
- Take positive action steps.
- Find support – hire a coach, a therapist, find a support group.
- BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF.
I choose to be hopeful.
Words to LOVE by:
Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness. – Desmond Tutu
Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space. Invite one to stay. – Maya Angelou
We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sounds for YOUR Soul:
Better Days – Michael Franti & Spearhead